Railo for Beginners, written by Mark Drew with contributions by Gert Franz (Railo Technologies), Andrea Campolonghi and Paul Klinkenberg (Railo Volunteers) is a comprehensive guide to getting stared with Railo Server.
To quote the back cover:
Railo Server is one of the quickest ways to start developing complex web applications online. Widely considered as the fastest CFML (ColdFusion Markup Language) engine, Railo allows you to create dynamic web pages that can change depending on user input, database lookups, or even the time of day.
Railo 3 Beginner's Guide will show you how to get up and running with Railo, as well as developing your web applications with the greatest of ease. You will learn how to install Railo and the basics of CFML to allow you to gradually build up your knowledge, and your dynamic web applications, as the book progresses.
Using Packt's Beginner's Guide approach, this book will guide you, with step-by-step instructions, through installing the Railo Server on various environments. You will learn how to use caches, resources, Event Gateways and special scripting functions that will allow you to create webpages with limitless functionality. You will even explore methods of extending Railo by adding your own tags to the server and building custom extensions. Railo 3 Beginner,s Guide is a must for anyone getting to grips with Railo Server.
What you will learn from this book :
- Step-by-step instructions for developing web sites with CFML
- Learn about all the resource types available and how to handle them
- Easy to follow steps to optimise your application for high traffic
- Create dynamic applications with the in-built Hibernate ORM
- Secure your server by setting up access restrictions and passwords
- Convert and display multimedia within your webpages
- Create your own extensions for custom functionality
You can buy the eBook with all the currently published chapters as well as the full paper version when it's released directly from PacktPub Directly